Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cucumber Salad

I used to work with an Egyptian coworker/friend, who always brought her Cucumber Salad to potlucks at work (and this workplace revolved around potlucks).   Loved it. Whenever I'd ask her for the recipe, she'd say,  "I just throw cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro, dill, salt, and vinegar together. "  Somehow, I had forgotten this recipe until this week.  The weather has been sweltering.  All I want to eat is salad and fruit.  It's the dog days of summer. . .the pug is hot.


 I have been blessed with an abundance of tomatoes and cucumbers from friends and our CSA box this week.  To top it off, our CSA box also had dill and cilantro.  Perfect excuse to throw everything together.


Cucumber Salad
2 cucumbers-peeled, halved, and sliced
2 tomatoes-chopped
fresh dill (a little-1-2 Tbsp. or more to your liking)
cilantro (a handful or 1/4 of a bunch)
vinegar (1 Tbsp) and salt (about 1/2 tsp) to taste
pepper to taste

Mix 10 minutes prior to serving.


Seriously. . .that's all there is to it:)  Food of the gods!