Friday, June 25, 2010

"Beef" Stir Fry

I'm not the biggest fan of processed foods.  That being said,  I sometimes resort to packaged foods when short on time or cooking during the week.  When I came across the gardein products www.gardein.com at Whole Foods, I just had to give them a try.   I used the beef less tips for this stir fry recipe and was pleasantly surprised. The best part of the all is when Courtland tasted it, he asked how I got such tender meat?  Ha!  I had to confess:)
I served the stir fry on top of quinoa, but it would be good on top of rice as well.

"Beef" Stir Fry

1 pkg. gardein beef less tips
Shitake mushrooms (1-2 c. sliced)
red or orange pepper-sliced
4 green onions-chopped
bunch of asparagus-cut into pieces
Quinoa or rice-prepare according to directions

Follow the "marinade" directions on the back of the gardein beef less tips package and set aside.  Chop up vegetables.  Heat a saute pan with canola or olive oil on high heat.  Stir fry tips until browned on each side.  Add vegetables and stir fry until browned.  Add a swirl of soy sauce to the pan and voila. . .a healthy dinner!