Monday, January 17, 2011

Kitchen Makeover

This is my kitchen:


Cabinets from circa 1970, old appliances, wainscoting, recessed ceiling, and laminate counter tops.  Our kitchen is falling apart and is getting a huge makeover.  We've been in our house for 6 years, and it's time for an upgrade.  This has been no small feat. Making decisions on contractors, design, and appliances has been quite the process.  We're finally taking the plunge.  I've been cleaning out cupboards and boxing everything up. Construction starts next week and will last at least 2 months. 

This means we'll be making quick and easy meals (and sometimes not from scratch).  I refuse to make TV dinners.  I bought a  Breville Panini Press, thinking we'll put it to good use. My crock pot will be on standby. And I'm sure we'll be frequenting Linden Hills Co-Op and local restaurants for takeout.

The remodel is going to be a challenge, but the end result is going to be so worth it:)


 
So, my friends. . .I'm asking you to share a favorite recipe or a dining experience (along with a photo or 2).  If you are willing and interested to be a guest blogger, please let me know!   And I will keep updating as the construction comes along.